Title : UX Designer/ Researcher
Location: Downtown Vancouver
About this job
Our client’s goal is to empower individuals to build connections and community across their organizations. Our client’s team is a highly collaborative group of designers, researchers and content writers who value creativity, open idea sharing, and having fun while they work. Most of all, they are motivated by their millions of users.
In this role, you will work with other designers, researchers, data scientists, product and engineering leadership to create forward-thinking design strategy and user scenario-driven features to help the org meet business goals. You will identify user centered design patterns, establish scenarios, place designs into user context, create interactions that align to those requirements and articulate thinking using a variety of mediums from information diagrams, wireframe flows to detailed prototypes.
- Guide and execute strategic design deliverables for multiple feature areas across suite of products
- Help solve complex design problems in simple and intuitive ways, blending brand personality, interactions and visuals to create delightful experiences
- Represent the design to partner product and engineering teams
- Work closely and constructively with product and engineering to ensure overall business strategy is on track and smooth delivery of designs
- Advocate for design in context of business and user goals
Behaviors/Qualities we’re seeking:
- Obsess over the customer and their needs
- You can handle complex design problems and have a demonstrated ability to create sophisticated and elegant solutions
- You have outstanding communication/presentation skills to tell your design stories to fellow designers, engineers, and product mangers
- Self-motivated and driven to get the details right
- Ability to multi-task on multiple features
- Strong aesthetic intuition
- 5+ years’ experience in interactive design, information architecture, and visual design
- Solid IA and visual design skills alongside familiarity with major research practices
- History of impacting shipping products with your work
- Design or HCI degree, or comparable work experience
For consideration please email your resume in MS word format to Talent@ifgpr.com with "UX Designer/ Researcher" in the subject line.
Other opportunities can be view at https://www.ifg-global.com/
IFG is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.