IFG, a specialized recruitment firm focused on Finance, Accounting, Audit and Tax roles, provides you a competitive advantage in securing your next opportunity with career coaching, assistance in drafting a more effective resume, and a guide to help you effectively prepare for interviews. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply or if you have an established relationship connect with your IFG Partner.
We are actively recruiting a SENIOR COST ACCOUNTANT responsible for the ongoing analysis of standard costs, costing projects, margin analysis, and tracing costs back to underlying activities. This position must also construct and monitor those cost-effective analyses and reports to provide an appropriate level of costing information to management.
Responsibilities of the SENIOR COST ACCOUNTANT
- Planning, studying, and collecting value-add data to determine costs of business activity.
- Manage annual standards review and implementation.
- Manage cost productivity pipelines.
- Analyzing cost data collected and recording results.
- Analyzing changes in manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost.
- Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing daily reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Prepare estimates for new and proposed product costs.
- Providing management with various cost reports utilized to drive business decisions.
- Assisting in Month end close of the General Ledger.
- Assists with physical inventories and cycle count programs.
- Assists with inventory analysis and reporting.
Requirements of the SENIOR COST ACCOUNTANT
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or business-related field
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a cost accounting or related role, in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with multi-site accounting environment preferred
- Strong Cost systems background, excellent analytical skills and sound understanding of accounting principles.
- SAP experience is a major plus, large ERP exposure required
- Strong Excel and access skills
- Experience working with engineering and manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of cost standards
IFG is an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to develop a customized strategy for you. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that our clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits.
We welcome the opportunity to speak with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.
Currently, IFG is taking every precaution to ensure the health and safety of our applicants. Our initial screening process will be handled “virtually” with no in-person contact.