Salary Mid-Point: $105,000
Location: Chicago IL
Job Type: Permanent
IFG's client, a multi-billion dollar international publicly-traded industrial manufacturing company, is looking to hire for a Senior (or Lead) Internal Auditor to join their team.Position Responsibilities:
- Plans and executes audit assignments (financial and operational audits, fraud investigations) across domestic and international locations.
- Develops risk based audit plans and presents the audit plans to management.
- Coordinates audit activities with management prior to and during the audit.
- Presents findings to management in writing (audit reports) and verbally.
- Follows up with management on open issues.
- Conducts and sometimes leads audit work.
- Works independently or as part of a team.
- Reviews and tests the control environment to ensure that it adequately and effectively ensures: the reliability of financial reporting; safeguarding of company assets; compliance with applicable laws and regulations; and the efficiency and effectiveness of company operations.
- Prepares high quality audit work papers to document procedures and the results of audit work.
- Performs work paper review.
- Makes recommendations to enhance business processes and identifies opportunities to improve operational efficiencies
- Conducts projects associated with SOX including: documenting key processes and controls over financial reporting; evaluates control design and effectiveness, tests key controls; documents in work papers; reports findings to management verbally and in writing.
- Assists in the completion of projects assigned by management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Assists in the design, documentation and implementation of the Internal Audit department policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, or business-related field or Technology-related field.
- 2+ years of audit or accounting experience, preferably within Big 4 or equivalent, working in a Senior or Lead capacity
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and/or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or equivalent is preferred or in process/eligible.
- Manufacturing and distribution experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of SAP and data analytical audit tools (e.g. ACL, Excel, Tableau, IDEA) a plus.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 50%.
- Understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them to plan and perform audits, and execute SOX projects.
- Hands-on experience assessing internal controls in accordance with auditing standards, COSO, risk assessment practices, technical aspects of US GAAP accounting and financial reporting.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, critical thinking, and written/verbal communication skills. Ability to work independently, with limited guidance, and to work effectively on multiple projects.
- Self-starter with a sense of urgency to get things done and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to understand complex accounting and process issues, and effectively utilize educational tools.
- Strong cost accounting and financial analysis skills.
- Prior experience managing or supervising projects (e.g. audits with 1-2 assistants) is preferred.