Company Location: Northbrook (near north Chicago suburbs) – Commutable by Metra train from downtown Chicago
- Note 1: Remote working 100% at least through 9/1/21
- Note 2: Remote working (work-from-home) several days per week indefinitely
Job Title: Cost Accounting Manager (Activity Based Cost [ABC], not standard cost, not manufacturing)
Industry: Service Industry
The Cost Accounting Manager ensures that costs are properly allocated according to corporate procedures and in compliance with US GAAP financial accounting standards. He or she is responsible to provide meaningful insights on business profitability to directly support decision-making that results in increased enterprise value. This is a high-profile position with interactions and dependencies with corporate accounting, business leads, legal team and executive management.
- Assist cost accounting director in development and implementation of activity-based costing, including identification and measurement of direct and indirect cost activities
- Develop profitability measures to evaluate business performance
- Collaborate with business and finance leadership to design and test profitability views
- Influence business partners to use profitability measures to support operating and strategic decisions that create economic value for the enterprise
- Drive use of project accounting capabilities to enable accurate cost capture required for profitability tool development
- Collaborate with Corporate Finance & Decision Support, Accounting and IT leaders to leverage existing capabilities for rapid implementation of profitability measurement
- Assist cost accounting director in identifying/developing financial system(s) and tools that leverage accounting data to produce accurate profitability reports
- Excellent project management skills
- May provide work direction to other employees
- Performs other duties as directed.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or business degree with accounting or finance concentration or MBA with finance concentration.
- CMA or CPA is a plus
- 6+ years of related accounting or finance experience, of which at least 3 years of cost accounting practice
- Demonstrated experience at establishing a cost accounting system strongly preferred
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Data analytics experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Power BI
For immediate consideration, email your resume in Word format to Cameron Wall at firstname.lastname@example.org.