Our client, a Fortune 1000 leader located downtown Chicago, is looking for an Accounting Manager - Joint Ventures to join their team! The role provide oversight of the monthly and quarterly close process. This company has amazing perks! The team is currently working 100% remote with plans to return to the office in October. At that point, the team will be working a hybrid model where the team can work from home 2-3 days!
Our client is seeking a self-motivated professional accountant to join its Real Estate Accounting team to lead the accounting for our joint ventures (JV) portfolio. This manager position oversees one Senior Accountant and the assigned processes during monthly and quarterly close, including but not limited to review of journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, SEC reporting submissions, and financial statement analytics. This position will coordinate the reporting deliverables for those joint ventures. This manager position will also be responsible for identification and resolution of any accounting issues in the financials maintained by our JV partners including initial technical research as necessary.
- Review journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Review analytics over significant account balances and joint venture financial statements.
- Review the calculations o share of JV net income to record through equity earnings as well as CTA where applicable.
- Review quarterly external reporting schedules.
- Coordinate reporting deliverables to joint venture partners.
- Establish and maintain relationships with colleagues (i.e. Accounting, Technical Accounting, Tax) and with our joint venture partners.
- Identify and drive improvements to processes that will result in reductions to financial exposure and increases in efficiency
- Manage the audit process for certain joint venture entities.
- Field and resolve inquiries from management and external auditors.
- Identification of accounting complexities or issues within underlying JV financials as well as initial technical research.
- 5+ years of experience in corporate accounting, public accounting, or equivalent financial role.
- Supervisory responsibilities or other experience that requires ensuring the quality of work delivered by other individuals.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in accounting, finance, or business
- CPA preferred
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office
- Financial ERP systems (Oracle and/or Hyperion)
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.