We are partnering with a client in the suburbs looking for an Accounting Analyst, reporting to the Director of Finance. This position is responsible for the monthly and annual close of company locations and will drive the operational and financial analysis of assigned locations.
- Manage the monthly general ledger close and financial statement preparation. Work with various teams (i.e. expense cycle management, revenue cycle, and FP&A teams to ensure appropriate adjustments to the financials are recorded in a timely manner. Complete monthly statistical reporting, including entrance fee accounting and related schedules.
- Assist with the preparation of financial projections and the annual operating budget.
- Reconcile and review balances in the general ledger for accuracy and completeness, including maintain and review of schedules supporting account activity and balances.
- Perform financial and operational analysis, including detailed analysis of general ledger accounts, preparation of reporting package and providing written commentary on key indicators and metrics.
- Play an integral role in explaining actual results in monthly financial review meetings.
- 5+ years of related experience in an accounting position
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent degree
- CPA and/or MBA preferred
- Experience in services healthcare is preferred
- Experience with Lawson and Vision software is preferred
- Experience with budgeting or working with a budgeting tool is preferred