IFG, a specialized recruitment firm focused on Finance, Accounting, Audit and Tax roles, provides you a competitive advantage in securing your next opportunity with career coaching, assistance in drafting a more effective resume, and a guide to help you effectively prepare for interviews. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply or if you have an established relationship connect with your IFG Partner.
We are actively recruiting an ACCOUNTING MANAGER responsible for leading the general accounting and financial reporting for a large not for profit education institution. This position will manage the internal and external financial reporting as well as collaborate with stakeholders to provide valuable and timely financial information for decision-making.
Responsibilities of the ACCOUNTING MANAGER
- Lead month-end close, year-end close, financial reporting and analysis processes, ensuring the timely completion of external reporting requirements.
- Oversee and review the financial account reconciliation process, presentation of analysis and explanation of variances.
- Fiscal management of Restricted Funds including maintaining, tracking and reporting.
- Ensure that proper accounting standards and procedures are maintained and implemented and perform necessary research and documentation analyzing accounting issues affecting operations including financial reporting changes using the pronouncements from GASB, FASB and other regulatory agencies.
- Manage audit process, including single audits, to ensure all deliverables and deadlines are met.
- Manage 990 filing process to ensure all deliverables and deadlines are met.
- Establish and maintain systems and internal controls which verify integrity of processes and data.
- Maintain systems and procedures with current technology and ensure efficient processes.
- Assist with preparation of the annual budget.
Requirements of the ACCOUNTING MANAGER
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) highly preferred
- 5+ years progressive higher education or audit experience
- 2+ years supervisory experience
- Deep understanding of accounting technical pronouncements and strong analytic skills
- Advanced Excel analysis, modeling, pivot and related complex technical functions
- Effective in a dynamic and collaborative environment in a positive and proactive manner
IFG is an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to develop a customized strategy for you. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that our clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits.
We welcome the opportunity to speak with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.
Currently, IFG is taking every precaution to ensure the health and safety of our applicants. Our initial screening process will be handled “virtually” with no in-person contact.