IFG, a specialized recruitment firm focused on Finance, Accounting, Audit and Tax roles, provides you a competitive advantage in securing your next opportunity with career coaching, assistance in drafting a more effective resume, and a guide to help you effectively prepare for interviews. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply or if you have an established relationship call your IFG Partner.
We are actively recruiting for an ACCOUNTS PAYABLE MANAGER responsible for providing operational leadership support for the Accounts Payable department. The Accounts Payable Manager leads the day-to-day operations including timely processing of transactions, maintaining internal controls and safeguarding company assets in accordance with company policies. This role also supports continued process improvement, assists in managing projects which drive efficiency and productivity. The position manages 1 staff member.
Responsibilities of the Accounts Payable Manager
- Manages the Accounts Payable Team to ensure the accuracy of the entire A/P process as it relates to processing vendor payment including timely receipt of invoices, matching and entry of purchase orders and invoices, vendor payment and communication with vendors and internal customers.
- Manages month end closing of accounts payable.
- Participates in the annual audit process.
- Prepares 1099 reporting in compliance with IRS rules and regulations.
- Delivers high touch customer service model to ensure satisfaction among internal and external customers.
- Provides leadership and support to ensure the delivery and measurement of services including the integration of processes and procedures, standardization and consistency on management and service delivery.
- Monitors spending for adherence to budget and provides explanations of variances as necessary.
Requirements of the Accounts Payable Manager
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Business, Administration or Finance
- Exhibit deep knowledge of the Accounts Payable function and how it interacts with Finance and Purchasing
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience within fast paced, high volume area
- Proficient in Microsoft Office namely Excel
- Problem-Solving Mindset with Ability to Multitask
IFG is an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to develop a customized strategy for you. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that our clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits.
We welcome the opportunity to speak with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.
Currently, IFG is taking every precaution to ensure the health and safety of our applicants. Our initial screening process will be handled “virtually” with no in-person contact.