Salary Mid-Point: $140,000
Location: Chicago IL
Job Type: Permanent
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Manage outsourced functions.
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department and staff, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives.
- Oversee the accounting operations of affiliated companies, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
- Cash management
- Ensures the accounts payable are paid in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable.
- Ensure that all accounts receivable are collected promptly.
- Process payroll in a timely manner.
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed.
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis.
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions.
- Daily Census, Labor, Expense Management and other reports.
- Issue timely and complete financial statements.
- Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report.
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations.
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics.
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts.
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
- Provide for a system of management cost reports.
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Required - Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related discipline
- Required - 5+ years of related work experience
- Required - Understanding of and experience with financial compliance, contracting, and auditing requirements
- Required - Self-motivated and self-directed
- Required - Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Preferred - Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations.
- Preferred - Sage Intacct Experience