Our client is seeking a Demand Planner to understand and develop demand plans for their assigned categories. The Demand Planner will determine accurate forecasts for replenishment, promotional sales and one-time buys, new item forecasting and planning.
- Responsible for recognizing trends or patterns and adjusting forecasts using statistical modeling techniques and qualitative data.
- Responsible for purchasing for the assigned categories and working with supply planners track Purchase Order execution and distribution of inventory from DCs to stores.
- Accountable for in stock, Inventory $ and DOS for their related categories
- Support the company’s long-term strategy and inventory reduction while maintaining high Customer Service Level metrics
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5 years of experience in retail/wholesale planning OR a High School Diploma / GED and at least 8 years of experience in retail/wholesale planning
- Experience in negotiating operational aspects of business and understand the impact these decisions have to the overall company (for example: impact delivery lead time, purchasing minimums, shelf mins, etc. have on in stocks, inventory, & costs)
- Knowledge of the impact that operational aspects of business have to the overall company (for example: impact delivery lead time, purchasing minimums, shelf minimums, etc. have on in stocks, inventory, & costs)
- Knowledge of inventory management practices & definitions, such as safety stock, EOQ, carrying cost, etc.
- Experience analyzing data to perform Root Cause Analysis, ROI, and Cost-Benefit Analysis.
All interested and qualified candidates, please send a copy of your resume in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org