Title: Hard Surface Art Manager
We are seeking a highly creative and motivated Hard Surface Art Manager with experience in reviewing art and managing External Partners to support a client in their Gaming Franchise. I
In this position, you will be expected to partner with the Lead(s) to help re-enforce the quality bar for the project and lead talented external teams of Artists to bring the lead’s vision to reality. We are looking for an individual that has demonstrated content creation skills in one or more disciplines. You may also be called upon to contribute to technical best practices for the development of our tools, pipelines and systems.
Typical Day in the Role
- Serve as a source of escalation for your lead on external development, working with the Outsource Producer to help remove roadblocks and allowing work to be completed as efficiently as possible.
- Coordinate with the Outsource Producer to facilitate ramp-up and training of external team members by organizing materials, documentation and possibly visiting external teams onsite for training sessions.
- Partner with the Technical Art team and Lead to develop, test and maintain workflows that are being used externally. Includes working with the internal team to align process and understanding of both internal and external workflows.
- Communicate procedures, pipeline, and workflow to external teams.
- Partner with production and leads to plan sprints, provide estimates, manage risks and assign tasks, ensuring work is sent to the right resources and completed on time at a high level of quality for all external generated content.
- Update project management software/tools with entering tasks, tracking overages, extension requests, and art direction changes.
- Guide external teams on the best approach for building content and resolving potential blocker issues.
- Partner with the Outsource Producer to improve process and manage external resource planning.
- Conduct reviews and provide feedback on external submissions in line with the vision of the lead and art director, maintaining quality and consistency.
- When needed, correct any technical or art issues on work in progress and completed external assets. Full Asset Creation may be required depending on your available capacity.
- To ensure alignment with the Lead, set up kickoff meetings prior to beginning a new milestone and reviews at pre-determined intervals.
- Maintain regular communication and healthy relationship with external partners. Includes being available outside of normal working hours and may require shifting work hours to earlier or later to cover different time zones in which external partners may work in.
- Partnering with the Lead and Production, drive the outsourcing effort, ensuring that style guides & workbooks are created and feedback is given in a timely manner.
- Support the Outsource Producer in executing on the vendor due diligence process.
- Partner with the Outsource Producer in vendor onboarding process. (I.e. pipeline setup, account creation, access to systems, ramp-up and training).
- Assist in advising and coordinating others on the team with complex problems and training.
Years of experience required:
- Must have 5+ years of experience in video games, film/television or equivalent. Must also have 1-3+ years’ experience in a leadership capacity or managing external teams.
- This role may require domestic or international travel 3-4 times per year typically for 1 week durations per trip. Applicant must be willing to travel.
- Visual and technical proficiency in 3D modeling & texturing (both high- & low-resolution) is a must.
- Proficient in Maya (preferred), 3D Max or Blender.
- Mudbox or Zbrush proficiency is a plus.
- Substance Painter experience is a must.
- Fusion 360 experience is a plus.
- Unreal Engine experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with managing projects through the use of project management tools (I.e. Jira, Confluence, Excel, etc.)
- Must work well with deadlines and be self-motivated and directed.
For consideration, please send your resume to GamingTalent@ifgpr.com with “Hard Surface Art Manager” in the subject line.