Title: Intermediate Urban Planner
Location: Waterloo (WFH Option available)
Role Type: Perm
Are you an Urban Planner, familiar with the Waterloo area? If so then we want to hear from you. We are looking for an Urban Planner that will be responsible for developing plans and programs.
- Support planning and permitting activities for various mixed use residential and commercial projects.
- Analyze City’s Official Plan, Zoning requirements and local planning documents and procedures to assist and provide input to the development and design team in the preparation of feasibility of projects.
- Determine the effects of regulatory limitations on projects.
- Conduct preliminary research and analysis for future Land Use Bylaw updates.
- Discuss with City officials and authorities having jurisdiction on project feasibility, approval process and discuss the purpose of land use, regulatory conformance, and possible alternatives.
- Prepare schedules and follow up on due dates and timelines between the owner and different consultants involved.
- Prepare Planning Justification Reports and coordinate and collect all necessary documents for Zoning or Official Plan Amendments.
- Present projects during public meetings; Committee of Adjustment, Public Councils meeting etc.
- Create, prepare, or requisition graphic and narrative reports on land use data, including land area maps overlaid with geographic variables such as population density.
- Develop material and support facilitation for community engagement.
- Keep informed about economic and legal issues involved in zoning codes, building codes, and environmental regulations.
- Mediate community disputes and assist in developing alternative plans and recommendations for programs or projects.
- Coordinate work with economic consultants, and architects, marketing team and City’s officials during the formulation of Master plans for the larger developments.
- Prepare all necessary application documents for city approval such as Urban Design Briefs, Site plan Applications, Minor Variances etc.
- Maintain strong, professional relationships with the client and various private and public (Local, Provincial and Federal government) authorities.
- Perform other duties as necessary
- Bachelor Degree in Urban Planning
- Up to date Membership with the Canadian Institute of Planners and Ontario Professional Planners Institute
- RPP and/or MCIP Designation is an asset
- 1-5 years of experience in the industry
- Photoshop, illustrator, Adobe Suite, Sketchup, GIS software skills
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite.
- Ideally this person will be results orientated, an effective communicator, diligent in the execution of tasks, a team player and client focused
For consideration please email your resume in MS Word format with "Intermediate Urban Planner" in the subject line to Talent@ifgpr.com