A “top place to work in Chicago” company needs a strong candidate to step into the shoes of the Manager role. They are a Fortune 1000 publicly traded organization needing someone with a knack for ASC 606 as their new revenue streams continue to grow. In addition to technical accounting, their will be SEC reporting and corporate accounting support elements to the opportunity.
They are fully remote and will have flexibility to work from home beyond the pandemic. That said, they are only considering candidates who are able to work in the Chicago area in the future without sponsorship.
- Key leader on certain complex technical accounting areas, including revenue (ASC 606) and others
- Work to ensure revenue recognition policies, processes and controls are in sync with ongoing changes as a result of the Company’s transformation strategy, rapidly shifting IPO and M&A environments and regulatory changes
- Provide analysis and insight for other assignments and ad hoc projects as needed, including special projects, impairment analysis, and other requests from senior management
- Research accounting guidance associated with complex transactions and technical accounting issues and document conclusions
- Overseeing certain corporate accounting areas such as debt, pension or deferred compensation and ensuring that transactions associated with these areas are recorded completely and accurately
- Assist in developing and enhancing various Corporate control activities and processes
- Assist in the review of information included in Form 10-K, Form 10-Q and other SEC filings, including reviewing supporting documentation, XBRL tagging and disclosure requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (or closely related field)
- Minimum 6-7 years of relevant work experience at a public accounting firm or large, publicly traded organization
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience with ASC 606 is required
- CPA required