IFG, a specialized recruitment firm focused on Finance, Accounting, Audit and Tax roles, provides you a competitive advantage in securing your next opportunity with career coaching, assistance in drafting a more effective resume, and a guide to help you effectively prepare for interviews. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply or if you have an established relationship call your IFG Partner.
We are actively recruiting a DIRECTOR OF FINANCE to oversee the finance, accounting and reporting activities. The Director of Finance will lead the day-to-day finance and accounting functions, the close cycle and associated monthly financial reporting and analysis. The position will work collaboratively with the Chief Financial Officer, senior leadership, the Human Resource and Information Technology Departments to enhance and better integrate the Finance, HR and IT functions.
Responsibilities of the Director of Finance
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems to ensure compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Provides direct staff supervision of all Finance personnel with functional responsibility of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and contract administration.
- Manages the month-end and year-end financial closing processes.
- Reviews the financial reporting packages and presents financial results to the Chief Financial Officer and appropriate departmental leaders, which includes analysis and fiscal recommendations.
- Assists in managing organizational cash flow and financial forecasting by working with directors to assess program operations.
- Develops budgets and financial narratives to secure new and ongoing funding and coordinates and prepares all annual grant and contract renewals with the organization’s numerous funding sources.
- Manages the completion of the annual audit and tax reporting requirements and coordinates all annual audit/tax schedules in collaboration with the independent accounting firms.
- Prepares all financial statements and supporting schedules for the internal and regulatory reporting purposes, which includes specialized budget and expense reporting to external monitoring systems.
Requirements of the Director of Finance
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of five years of experience serving in a senior accounting/finance management position
- MBA and/or CPA preferred
- Excellent Excel skills including complex data manipulation and macros
- Experience partnering with senior staff to develop a robust financial management system
- Ability to meet deadlines along with attention to details a must
- Self-directed, flexible with strong problem-solving abilities
- Ability to travel and represent organization at various local external meetings
IFG is an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to develop a customized strategy for you. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that our clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits.
We welcome the opportunity to speak with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.
Currently, IFG is taking every precaution to ensure the health and safety of our applicants. Our initial screening process will be handled “virtually” with no in-person contact.