IFG, a specialized recruitment firm focused on Finance, Accounting, Audit and Tax roles, provides you a competitive advantage in securing your next opportunity with career coaching, assistance in drafting a more effective resume, and a guide to help you effectively prepare for interviews. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply or if you have an established relationship call your IFG Partner.
We are actively recruiting for a SENIOR ACCOUNTANT responsible for performing journal entries, accounts payable and receivable, financial statement preparation, general ledger and bank reconciliations, and variance reporting and analysis. The position reports to the Controller and has high visibility to senior management.
Responsibilities of the Senior Accountant
- Responsible for lockbox management checking daily deposits and performing cash applications.
- Record intercompany transactions and reconcile balances.
- Serve as a liaison to payroll with responsibility of posting the payroll general journal.
- Oversee the recording and amortization of insurance plans.
- Post month end accruals including sales, raw materials, freight and inventory.
- Responsible for sales and use and property tax compliance.
- Distribute weekly cash deposits and compile weekly cash summary.
- Reconciliation of general ledger and bank accounts.
- Other duties as required.
Requirements of the Senior Accountant
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or business related field
- 1+ years of accounting experience required in a corporate setting
- Understanding of the monthly financial accounting reporting process
- Sound understanding of GAAP accounting
- Knowledge of ERP systems with advanced Excel skills
- Good organization and communication skills are required
IFG is an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to develop a customized strategy for you. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that our clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits.
We welcome the opportunity to speak with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.
Currently, IFG is taking every precaution to ensure the health and safety of our applicants. Our initial screening process will be handled “virtually” with no in-person contact.