This position reports directly to the CFO and is responsible for leading the Company’s Information Technology department and achieving the Company’s technology goals. This role will be responsible for all aspects of the Company’s hardware, software, cloud-based systems, technology staff and vendors. The role will be pivotal in strategic planning, project management, operations, and budgeting.
- Oversee all IT operations including infrastructure, hardware, software, cloud services, staffing, vendors, inventory, policies, and procedures
- Ensure smooth delivery and operation of IT services by monitoring and reporting system performance and inventory levels
- Lead and mentor IT staff, monitor workloads and performance, and build productivity and staffing levels to meet organizational needs
- Develop short and long term goals, evaluate and propose strategic solutions, and recommend new technologies and integrations
- Identify, plan, and implement IT projects in accordance with budget and schedule requirements
- Create processes and standards for selection, implementation, and support of IT systems
- Consult senior-level stakeholders across the organization to identify business and technology needs and to optimize the use of information technology
- Build and manage relationships with external vendors and consultants
- Oversee helpdesk and ensure reported issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Other roles and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
- Security & Compliance
- Manage, monitor, and advance technical, physical, and administrative safeguards in conjunction with the Compliance department
- Identify Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats (SWOT) and implement technologies, configurations, policies, and procedures to best protect the Company and it’s clients in compliance with HIPAA and other governing entities
- Actively participate in preparing the annual IT budget and schedule
- Take lead on accumulating technology costs for all business segments
- Work with department heads in developing and understanding business needs and associated costs
- Assist with implementation of new budgeting/forecasting platforms
- Obtain and analyze accounting data to generate assumptions for budget forecast
- Compile and prioritize overall IT budget and solicit management approval
- Manage IT department in accordance with approved budget and schedule, and provide monthly updates
- Establish and maintain environments for hosting databases, data warehouses, and business intelligence platforms on premises and in the cloud.
- Assist data analytics team in resolving reporting issues
- Work with business segments and executive leadership to help identify KPI’s and establish connections with new data sources
- Manage data migration efforts for on-prem and cloud-based applications
- Create ad hoc Excel reports, pivot tables, charts, and PowerPoint presentations
- Work with executive management and business stake holders to provide technical leadership to plan the digital roadmap for the organization and drive technology transformation across the company to deliver comprehensive business oriented automation solutions
- Identify needs and help build, adapt, and maintain a modern, efficient application and infrastructure organization
- Manage, develop, establish, and review key vendor relationships
- Integrate digital tools, thought process and delivery while maintaining and decommissioning legacy systems and process
- Establish and maintain governance processes including data governance, performance measurement, business continuity, and disaster recovery
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, or related field
- Minimum 15 years of overall experience in IT, and minimum 10 years of experience in IT management roles, leading technology teams and managing complex projects at large organizations
- Excellent understanding of IT operations, computer systems, security and compliance, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and telecommunications systems
- Excellent leadership and decision-making skills
- Strong knowledge of project management principles
- Proven experience with on-prem and cloud-based software platform administration, security configuration, and data migration
- Deep understanding of HIPAA compliance and security requirements
- Solid working knowledge of potential cyber-security threats and protective measures
- Experience implementing and managing domain controllers, directories, and Mobile Device Management (MDM) systems
- Experience configuring IT support helpdesk and ticketing systems
- Strong knowledge of internal controls and experience driving process improvement initiatives
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with teams across the entire organization
- Relevant industry experience in a Healthcare services environment where security, privacy, and compliance are paramount
Expected Skills and Traits
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Exhibit confidence and not be afraid to ask questions to bring clarity, share ideas and challenge the norm (think outside the box).
- Actively listen to ensure you are seeking to understand before you are understood.
- Exhibit exemplary client service skills, to all people, regardless of level inside or outside the company.
- Written and verbal communication skills must be professional, concise and effective.
Collaboration and Teamwork
- Work cooperatively and respectively with co-workers across teams
- Build relationships and alliances to solve problems and achieve objectives by sharing knowledge and information.
- Openly and actively participates in the direction of our Company.
- Strong open communication and collaboration skills, works well with ambiguity, works well across roles and groups.
- Exercise confidentiality concerning the affairs of the business.
Personal Ownership and Responsibility
- “Own” your work – lead with passion, take initiative, be proactive, anticipate and complete projects in a comprehensive manner while still maintaining details.
- Exhibit a willingness to learn, willingness to problem solve and willingness to step in to help others.
- Creativity, capacity and a conviction to innovate and deliver best-in-class solutions.
- Think proactively from vantage point of entire business
- Innovation, curiosity and flexibility are expected in providing business solutions to both internal and external customers.
- Follow through with commitments, working through challenges and being held accountable for action & results.
Time Management and Productivity
- Follow through within the specified timeframe for all areas of your responsibility.