Our Chicago client, a renowned financial institution, is looking for an ambitious leader to join their IT Audit team. A unique opportunity to join a genuinely caring and collaborative culture committed to finding simple solutions for the modern world.
The IT Audit Manager is responsible for managing teams, with focus on policy and strategy implementation rather than development of short-term operational responsibilities. This person will be responsible for:Managing all activities relating to the audit of Technology and Cybersecurity/ Information Security procedures and systems Development of Technology audit programs and control guidelines Identify training opportunities and train audit teams Advise staff on policies and procedures, technical problems, priorities, and methods Consult with teams regarding internal controls and security procedures Prepare activity and progress reports related to the Technology and Cybersecurity/Information Security audit function
- Leading and managing larger, more complex engagements, and executing audit worksteps
- Managing personnel effectively. Guiding department personnel in their careers and providing learning opportunities
- Developing relationships with senior management and other key internal contacts, including Management Committee members and their direct reports.
- Creating the yearly audit plan in collaboration with Internal Audit senior management
- Coordinating with outside auditors, as necessary
- Demonstrating risk and control expertise
- Demonstrating Technology/Cybersecurity technical expertise
- Managing portfolio of assigned audit entities, including staffing, scheduling, coordination with the client and ensuring completion of their program
- Drafting audit reports with minimal oversight/review notes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field is required
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified Risk Examiner
- 10+ years of relevant experience in financial services industry