IFG, a specialized recruitment firm focused on Finance, Accounting, Audit and Tax roles, provides you a competitive advantage in securing your next opportunity with career coaching, assistance in drafting a more effective resume, and a guide to help you effectively prepare for interviews. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply or if you have an established relationship call your IFG Partner.
We are actively recruiting for a CONTROLLER who will play a crucial role in shaping the organization and processes. This role is hands-on and responsible for performing monthly, quarterly and annual close, financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting, financial and variance analysis and management reporting.
Responsibilities of the Controller
- Lead all aspects of financial reporting and the monthly close and consolidation process to ensure integrity of underlying financial transaction data.
- Collaborate with Executive Team to create the budget, monitor and analyze operating results against budget and provide insights for potential improvements.
- Responsible for all accounting functions including revenue recognition, AR, AP and payroll.
- Conduct financial analysis, with emphasis on capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Develop a system to manage capital budget and individual projects from approval to commitment to spend.
- Work with the supply chain team to develop a comprehensive inventory management system.
- Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
- Provide ad-hoc analyses as needed to support new business growth opportunities, and cost improvement strategies.
Requirements of the Controller
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required
- MBA / CPA preferred
- 8+ years of experience in finance and accounting
- Preference for experience in public accounting firms and/or start-up companies
- Experience growing, leading, and managing a small team required
- Proactive self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment with an ability to prioritize
- Proven ability to create new procedures and processes from scratch and has a strong entrepreneurial mindset
IFG is an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to develop a customized strategy for you. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that our clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits.
We welcome the opportunity to speak with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.
Currently, IFG is taking every precaution to ensure the health and safety of our applicants. Our initial screening process will be handled “virtually” with no in-person contact.