IFG, a specialized recruitment firm focused on Finance, Accounting, Audit and Tax roles, provides you a competitive advantage in securing your next opportunity with career coaching, assistance in drafting a more effective resume, and a guide to help you effectively prepare for interviews. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply or if you have an established relationship call your IFG Partner.
We are actively recruiting for a PLANT CONTROLLER responsible for directing the accounting functions including full responsibility of the P&L and the balance Sheet. The Plant Controller will be expected to maintain department’s accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
Responsibilities of the Plant Controller
- Prepare internal reporting in cooperation with plant management.
- Lead the preparation of the annual operating plan and reforecasts.
- Generate the following monthly reports:
- Month End Journal Entries (including input).
- Direct Labor and Labor Rate Analysis.
- Raw Material
- Manufacturing R0I.
- Usage and Variances Vs. Standard
- Prepares weekly and monthly variance analysis to support manufacturing operations.
- Adhoc reporting and analysis to support plant spending.
- Analyze inventory discrepancies and monitor corrective actions with department Managers.
- Manage the Physical Inventory process and coordinate Inventory Operations with plant management.
- Responsible for proper recording, reporting, analysis and review of key performance measurements (Operational and Financial).
- Guide plant efforts in assessing cost shortfalls from forecast and/or other cost commitments.
- Ensure compliance with sales and use tax for all plant purchases.
Requirements of the Plant Controller
- B.S. Degree in Accounting and/or Finance required
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Ability to work independently
- Previous supervisory/management experience
- Strong Microsoft office application skillset
- Strong organizational skills and capability of handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) at all levels
- Ability to work with others as part of a team
IFG is an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to develop a customized strategy for you. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that our clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits.
We welcome the opportunity to speak with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.
Currently, IFG is taking every precaution to ensure the health and safety of our applicants. Our initial screening process will be handled “virtually” with no in-person contact.