Title: Gameplay Technical Animator
Location: Downtown, Vancouver
Duration: 18 month contract
Our client, a AAA gaming studio located in downtown Vancouver Canada, is credited with creating global gaming franchises that have won several gaming awards such as Best Game from the Game Developers Choice Award, with millions of active players. The client’s goal is to forge the future of the IP and push the limits of their entertainment platforms and devices. The team is comprised of passionate and creative world-class developers, working cohesively to delight their fan base and shatter expectations of what is possible.
Our clients is seeking an experienced and motivated Technical Animator, with a proven track record in collaborating with peers to develop and maintain gameplay animation systems. In this position, you are expected to work with our animation systems in UE4 to develop and support workflows that empower animators to achieve our animation quality goals, while also achieving our gameplay responsiveness and behavioral goals. It is important that you have good communication skills and able to collaboratively work with peers.
- Collaborate with peers in the design and implementation of animation state machines, behaviors, and runtime solutions, in a manner that is consistent with studio best practices
- Collaborate with engineers and Leads in the creation of animation behavior tools and techniques that allow the building of complex movement systems in a manner that is easily accessible to content creators
- Problem solve in-game animation implementation issues
- Support the animation team with any technical animation issues they may have
- Look for opportunities to improve our animation pipeline and provide solutions for technical animation efficiencies and issues
- Be a positive and creative force in the team, working in a manner that supports and encourages a diverse and inclusive culture
- Must have 5+ years of experience in AAA video game development, with a focus on creating and defining high-quality real-time animation systems
- Real-time engine experience, ideally in UE4 creating animation blueprints
- Experience with Python is a benefit
- Self-motivated, creative problem solver, great communicator
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Passion for the industry and an understanding of industry trends and technologies
For consideration please email your resume in MS Word format to GamingTalent@ifgpr.com with "Gameplay Technical Animator" in the subject line.