IFG, a specialized recruitment firm focused on Finance, Accounting, Audit and Tax roles, provides you a competitive advantage in securing your next opportunity with career coaching, assistance in drafting a more effective resume, and a guide to help you effectively prepare for interviews. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply or if you have an established relationship call your IFG Partner.
We are actively recruiting for a CORPORATE TAX ACCOUNTANT responsible for all federal, state, and local tax filings and compliance pertaining in-direct tax. The position will also be responsible for tax planning, research and other tax related compliance efforts.
Responsibilities of the Corporate Tax Accountant
- Manage tax calendar to ensure non-income tax filings are completed timely.
- Prepare state sales & use tax, unclaimed property, property tax, and business license tax returns and ensure timely remittances of payment.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of payroll, sales, real estate and other taxes to the general ledger.
- Register for tax accounts in various states.
- Prepare and submit Federal, State and local payroll tax returns.
- Assisting with review memorandums to support tax return filing positions.
- Oversight on fixed assets & other duties as assigned.
Requirements of the Corporate Tax Accountant
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- MST and/or CPA highly preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of indirect tax experience for large multi-state company
- Ability to think analytically and manage multiple priorities.
- Performs a variety of tasks which require flexibility, eagerness to learn and effective time management.
IFG is an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to develop a customized strategy for you. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that our clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits.
We welcome the opportunity to speak with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.
Currently, IFG is taking every precaution to ensure the health and safety of our applicants. Our initial screening process will be handled “virtually” with no in-person contact.