Job Title: Senior Accountant
Supervisor: Director of Accounting
Industry: Retail (high growth)
Location: Corporate HQ in San Antonio, Texas (currently remote)
Compensation Range: $70,000 - $85,000 + $2,000 target bonus
- Company is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our team. This position is responsible for serving as a team leader in the finance department and ensuring the department creates accurate and timely financial records for the organization.
- Analyzes accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to standards defined within the department.
- Remains current on new pronouncements; recommends, documents, and implements accounting policies that comply with US GAAP.
- Works with the Accounting Director to run the monthly financial close, ensuring all close deadlines are met.
- Serves as key resource to company level personnel responsible for implementation and configuration of enterprise systems (ERP) to ensure the accuracy of financial records and optimization of accounting processes.
- Works with external audit firm to support annual financial statements audit.
- 3 – 5 years of relevant experience (3 years minimum)
- Senior Accountant title in current role (preferred)
- Promotable to a supervisory position (no direct reports initially)
- Public accounting experience (strongly preferred)
- Retail industry accounting experience (preferred not required)
- Full cycle accounting experience: General ledger, account reconciliations, month-end close, accruals, financial reporting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, policy writing
- Strong data analysis skills: Strong Excel including pivot tables, lookups, logic formulas, sorting, filtering
- Ad hoc reporting often created in Excel
- VBA or Macros a strong plus
- QuickBooks experience a plus (not required) and/or other ERP systems experience (SAP, JD Edwards, Business Central, etc.)
- Currently on QuickBooks with approved budget to assess and implement new ERP system in 2021
- Concur experience a plus (not required)
- Motivated and committed professional excited to assist create new processes and improve existing processes
- Currently a 7-day close and 2021 goal is to shorten to 5-day close
- Problem solver and thinker who takes ownership of assigned areas and recommends process improvements
- Promotability: Big opportunity for promotion to Supervisor or Manager as those positions do not currently exist and will be left to allow promotion of high performing Senior Accountant.
Education and Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (required)
- CPA designation or in process (required)
- Financial Management
- Collaboration Skills
- Ethical Conduct
- Remote (currently because of COVID)
- This job operates in a clerical, office setting.
Expected Hours of Work
- Full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Overtime is expected especially during the month-end close period.
- Company is growing quickly so extra work is expected while additional staff is hired and systems are upgraded and/or implemented.
- No travel is expected for this position.
- Medical, Dental, & Vision package
- 401k plan with Employer Match (4% match)
- Company-paid life insurance with supplemental coverage options
- Short and Long-Term disability coverage
- Employee Discount
- Paid Holidays/PTO
- Tuition Assistance
- Eligible for Employee Incentive Bonus
For immediate consideration, please email your resume in Word format to Cameron Wall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews to be scheduled the week beginning on Monday, February 1, 2020.