Serve as a leader on cross functional teams, providing leadership, direction, knowledge and advice to team members and senior management. Addresses technical issues and recommends solutions. Develops and executes our tax strategy through innovative & creative thinking in a manner which ensures the proper collection and remittance of tax across the Company. Drives process improvement opportunities for tax function.
Day to day management of Company’s indirect taxability; oversight of tax exemption certificates; review of contracts and identification of potential sales and use tax risks; supervision of sales and use tax reporting and ability to review and sign sales and use tax returns, reports, filings and other communications. Serve as a champion for people development across the Company while managing a staff ranging from Analyst to Manager.
- Oversee the tax process for the sales and use tax function and execute short and long-term tax savings strategies by collaborating with the various tax functions. Directly impacts the Company’s tax rate to optimize Earnings per Share.
- Identifies and evaluates tax issues during due diligence phase of Mergers & Acquisitions process. Manages due diligence and integration process for acquisitions/dispositions and serves as core member of tax acquisition team.
- Leads research of tax laws, regulations and case law to resolve complex tax issues and resolves technical issues.
- Closely monitors tax legislation and determines the tax effect of proposed changes and newly enacted tax laws. Collaborate with internal teams on specific tax legislation for key issues.
- Review and ensure that the tax filings minimize the overall tax liability leading to tax savings.
- Closely collaborate with Finance and Accounting on tax and accounting issues.
- Serve as a catalyst and leader on organizational and people development initiatives. Develop, mentor and coach employees.
- Participate in divisional and company-wide projects and programs to develop engagement for division-wide and company-wide initiatives.
- Authority to sign returns, reports, filings and other communications on behalf of the Company under penalties of perjury.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 10 years of experience
- CPA, JD or Master’s degree in Taxation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- At least 8 years of experience of Sales and Use Tax compliance.
- At least 5 years of experience implementing, maintaining and/or updating tax technology solutions utilized for the collection of sales tax.
- At least 4 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
If interested, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.