Title: Sr. I.T. Auditor
Location: Miami, FL.
Our client is reshaping the private investment industry with a unique investment approach. They invest in several high growth attractive verticals with a strong focus on financial services
The Senior I.T. Internal Auditor will assist in developing and executing comprehensive audit programs that are responsive to the I.T., operational, and control risks across The PrivateBank. This individual will conduct I.T. audits that assess the adequacy of controls for adherence to established plans, policies, procedures, good business practices, and compliance with relevant statutes and regulations, including key provisions of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. Core competencies include the ability to adapt to change, build effective working relationships, successfully plan and organize projects, and positively impact and influence others. Strong I.T. audit knowledge required.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Assist management in the development of the annual I.T. audit plan, including the annual risk assessment.
- Develop I.T. audit programs and testing procedures relevant to risk and test objectives.
- Conduct assigned I.T. audit engagements successfully from beginning to end and ensure the timely completion of audit projects based on the annual Audit Plan and in alignment with Internal Audit methodology.
- Perform all activities within assigned projects including communicating with the technology team, establishing project milestones and deadlines, monitoring audit fieldwork progress, reporting progress to audit management, and proposing modifications to current procedures to improve audit effectiveness and efficiency.
- Conduct test procedures, compile audit findings, document and communicate remediation plans, and complete work papers in compliance with established standards.
- Obtain and review evidence, ensuring audit conclusions are well-documented and based on a complete understanding of the process, circumstances, and risk.
- Identify and communicate issues raised; offering recommended solutions relevant to business and risk.
- Draft complete audit reports that clearly and concisely describe issues identified (implications to the business unit and company as a whole) and value-added recommendations to improve the effectiveness or efficiency of controls/business processes.
- Work closely with management to promptly resolve problems that may arise and build trust. Serve as a business advisor and partner by providing the business unit and senior management with advice related to business issues and controls.
- Review controls, records retention practices, documentation, and back-up to ensure that computer systems are functioning properly, have adequate controls to detect problems, and are properly documented; that records are retained for emergency reconstruction, and that back-up is adequate.
- Work independently with limited direction and guidance, and interact with senior management at all organization levels.
- Provide recommendations regarding potential improvements to existing processes and controls.
- Coordinate audits, projects, work papers, direct assistance, etc., with co-sourced and external auditors as needed.
- Ensure adequate focus on personal, professional growth relevant to taking on more challenging assignments, in line with standard audit career progression - proactively seek relevant education and training opportunities. Stay abreast of I.T. risk developments, including cybersecurity threats.
- Participate in special projects as requested by management. Contribute to the positive and team-oriented culture by maintaining cooperative relationships (assisting other project teams when necessary), facilitating the resolution of conflicts, sharing information, and accepting and providing feedback.
Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
- At least 3-5 years of I.T. Audit and I.T. General Computer Controls experience. Public accounting experience required.
- CISA, CPA and/or MBA preferred.
- Intermediate-level knowledge of I.T. general controls (security, change management, computer operations), system development lifecycle methodology, database design and operations management.
- A Bachelor's degree is necessary.
- In-depth knowledge of business processes, as well as process controls and risks, and understand how this relates to relevant I.T. audit procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. A high degree of interpersonal skills, time management and organizational skills are necessary.
- Self-starter, proven leadership ability, history of high level/quality performance and accomplishments.
- Special Skills knowledge and practical experience in dealing with: Databases, Operating Systems, Windows, Active Directory, SQL.
- No travel.
For consideration please email your resume in MS Word format to Talent@ifgpr.com with "Sr. I.T. Auditor" in the subject line.