Title: Assistant Controller
Our client is reshaping the private investment industry with a unique investment approach. They invest in several high growth attractive verticals with a strong focus on financial services.
The Assistant Controller's primary responsibility is to support the Corporate Controller in directing all of the accounting functions for our client and its subsidiaries. This person is responsible for daily and monthly reconciliations of cash and other general ledger accounts, analysis of accounts, preparing and posting journal entries, capital budgeting, maintaining credit facility compliance, performing month-end close as well as supporting financial statement preparation.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Assist in month-end closings, preparation and posting of monthly journal entries, account reconciliations ensuring that all entries posted are in accordance with GAAP
- Prepare daily cash reconciliations and account analyses for the parent company and its subsidiaries.
- Implementation and evaluation of budgets and other financial operating reports
- Presents findings and recommendations to senior management.
- Prepare and record operational data and ensure data accuracy and integrity.
- Responsible for communication on a daily basis with Controller and CFO to relay financial information.
- Assists Controller and external auditors in preparing and reviewing year-end audited financial statements for distribution to stakeholders.
- Produce ad-hoc reports and analyses for presentation to senior management.
Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
- Background in Financial Services such as (but not limited to): private equity, hedge fund, structured settlements, receivables and lending businesses
- Organized and detail orientated
- Ability to communicate to management
- Ability to multi-task projects, day-to-day work and ad hoc requests that come up
Education And Experience
- Bachelor's degree in an accounting and/or finance discipline is required
- CPA required.
- Prior experience (3- 5 years) with:
- Financial reporting and accounting
- Public and private accounting
- Financial services industry experience specifically related to structured settlements.
- Managing and reconciling intercompany AP/AR
- Consolidation accounting and elimination entries
- Minority interest calculations
- VIE analysis is preferred but not required.
- Accounting systems implementation
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
- CPA required.
For consideration please email your resume in MS Word format to Talent@ifgpr.com with "Assistant Controller" in the subject line.