Our Fortune 500 Chicago area client is seeking a Project Manager for their Project Management Office (PMO). This role will be primarily responsible to ensure appropriate planning, management, and delivery of approved Transformation projects is accomplished. Other responsibilities include development and management of Project Management methodologies, frameworks, and standards required for the delivery of TO projects. The role will also be responsible for tracking status against the project budget and reporting on the business case realization.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Certified in PMP or other similar standard practices
- Proven experience with different project management methodologies and frameworks, including Waterfall, Agile, Lean, Design-Thinking, etc.
- Minimum 5-7 years of proven project management experience with large global projects with varying degrees of complexities
- Significant relevant experience working with virtual and/or matrix teams and ability to effectively communicate/collaborate in this environment.
- Experience in overseeing large direct and indirect teams in multiple overseas locations
- Experience working in a cross-cultural team and significant experience working with senior leadership
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills required.
- Computer and Project Skills with proficiency level (i.e Microsoft Office, Project Management applications, Lean Six Sigma concepts)
- Hands-on skills to develop elaborate and creative project plans using tools such as MS Project or similar
- Proven PMO experience of developing and managing project management frameworks, methodologies, and standards such as templates, and documents
- A ‘completer-finisher’ taking accountability for ideas from inception to delivery, in an environment that requires robust metrics to confirm success
- Experience of designing remediation plans to address productivity and efficiency issues, and track record of following through to ensure closure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of Partners, senior managers, and subject matter experts
- Strong analytical, project and product management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into operational requirements
- Experience of the whole project life cycle, able to operate in the initial conceptual design stage, in the depths of system testing, and at each stage in between
- Experience planning, coordinating multiple projects simultaneously
- Understand internal controls and business risk management
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or similar fields required; MBA preferred
Please submit resumes to ChrisKwasinski@ifgpr.com.