Title: Sales Manager
*Candidates must be currently located in the Waterloo area*
The Sales Manager carries out the day-to-day functions of managing relationships with prospective and existing tenants, ensures company policies regarding lease signing and tenant relationship management are adhered to as well as ensuring the overall health of the assets under their specific prevue.
- Report to Property Manager any large problems, damages and issues at properties that internal staff cannot address for example those requiring a plumber or electrician.
- Manage lease documents and relevant Landlord Tenant Board Notices including but not limited termination notices.
- Report to Property Manager any problems, damage and issues at properties
- Ensure that Accommodation Consultants are organizing, addressing and conducting follow-ups with maintenance requests, cleaning notices, non-smoking notices etc.
- Ensure the Accommodation Consultants and Assistant Leasing Manager is addressing and following the Collection Procedure and escalating large delinquent accounts for legal action.
- Conduct and complete weekly walk through report of their properties in their division and relay all required maintenance issues to the Property Manager based on scope of work
- Organize and oversee in unit inspections each semester and ensure completion of deficiencies
- Oversee, train and provide direction to the work performance of the leasing team. Responsible for training and assigning tasks to Accommodation Consultants.
- Manage and prepare schedule for Accommodation Consultants to ensure their assigned properties scope of work is completed
- Adhere to and manage approved budgets for leasing, maintenance, sponsorships etc.
- Maintain daily traffic logs, phone logs and outstanding follow ups.
- Provide support to Accommodation Consultants; explain lease and application procedures to new tenants.
- Explain lease and application procedures to new tenants
- Respond to existing tenant emails
- Attend reoccurring meetings with Leasing Staff/Property Management/Upper management to ensure cohesiveness within the portfolio
- Work in conjunction with the Social Media Specialist/Community Coordinator and Marketing Department to ensure all leasing marketing requirements and initiatives are fulfilled
- Respond to prospective tenants’ emails and phone calls during and after hours.
- Ensure general company email accounts are responded to in a timely manner
- Work in conjunction with the accounting department to manage and collect outstanding accounts from tenants
- Report to the General Manager any problems pertaining to issues regarding budgets, marketing initiatives, serious maintenance issues.
- Submit regular reports to the General Manager outlining the overall health of their properties including but not limited to outstanding accounts, maintenance turnaround and large maintenance issues, rental progress, legal issues, tools required to fulfill goals, new ideas etc.
- Collect payments from tenants
- Provide progress reports to General Manager and present as necessary
- Act as secondary person on call after hours.
- In conjunction with Management develop marketing strategies for properties
Responsible for the inventory management of:
- rental rooms
- filling room – all documents in the office
- supplies for leasing offices
- Responsible for cross referencing software records with physical documents
- Complete bi-weekly building walks for deficiencies
- Responsible for the full business cycle of the of the operation, including but not limited to coordination with the Condominium Corporation, marketing teams, condominium sales teams, unit owners, past/present/future tenants, property management teams and contractors
- Responsible for all reporting regarding the full business cycle
- Coordinate turnover and chargebacks for unit damages and services with tenants
- Work on budgets with General Manager and ensure their successful implementation
- Conduct Market Research
- Other duties as required
- Secondary School Graduation diploma and 3 years work customer service experience
- Previous sales and customer service experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized and able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to multitask, detail oriented and possess good problem solving and analytical skills
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times
- Portray a positive attitude towards potential and existing tenants
- Knowledge of the local student housing market
- Able to work within a flexible schedule including weekends
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
For consideration please email your resume in MS Word format to Toronto.firstname.lastname@example.org with "Sales Manager" in the subject line.