The Controller reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer and is responsible for managing the Company’s accounting functions, including accounts payable, financial reporting, general ledger and tax compliance. The Controller is responsible for leading, directing and supervising a distributed accounting team and managing the closing process. He/she also advises, develops and implements administrative and fiscal policies and procedures with the approval of the CFO.
- Complete and direct team in preparation of month end and annual financial reports to meet executive management and external stakeholder reporting on a US GAAP basis
- Perform monthly reporting and account reviews; preparing and presenting monthly financial statements to the management team
- Review monthly journal entries of staff to ensure proper recording of revenue, cost of services provided, disbursements, payroll, depreciation, etc.
- Partner with treasury and outsourced revenue cycle management teams on processes and monthly reporting
- Generating financial statements and related analysis from trial balances ensuring all financial reports are prepared in a timely and accurate manner
-Maintain/review General Ledger, Accruals and Journal Entries, Monthly Close, Account Reconciliations and Preparation of Financial Statements for each operating entity
- Establishes and maintains the organization’s financial accounting and reporting systems
- Leader of technical US GAAP topics including new standards such lease accounting (ASC 842) and forward-thinking on business impact
- Responsible for establishing accounting policies, procedures and internal controls
- Primary point of contact for the annual audit and ensure proper supporting documentation is in place
- Expert in purchase accounting, consolidation and integrating the accounting for future acquisitions.
- Works closely with the FP&A function in preparing budgets, forecasts and variance analysis to management
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA with Controller experience (in a private-equity backed company a plus)
- Minimum of 5+ years of financial and operational experience and in progressively responsible financial leadership roles such as Controller (background in public accounting preferred)
- Relevant industry experience in a Healthcare services environment a plus