Title: Audio Engineer
Contract: 18 months
We are looking for a Narrative Audio Engineer to support our client in the gaming industry on a 18 month contract basis.
We would like someone who can communicate with narrative and audio content creators and empower them with systems and tools. With your interest in Console/PC games you will collaborate with a variety of creative minds to create cutting-edge AAA gaming experiences.
- Works with narrative team to develop the workflows to materialize scripted story ideas in game
- Works with gameplay team to integrate story telling devices with missions and quests
- Works with audio team to develop speech playback systems
- Works with localization and accessibility to ensure story is experienced in all languages and subtitles
- Works to develop tools and systems for speech asset management, generation and verification
- BSc. degree in Computing Science or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience with C/C++ in game development
- Experience developing desktop applications in .NET or equivalent
- Experience with Python or scripting languages used in automated pipelines
- Ability to develop pipelines, tools and custom plugins as required
- Experience with version control systems
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable working closely with engineers and artists
- Ability to problem solve independently in new and existing systems or technologies
- Worked on indie games or open source projects
- Experience with UE4 and Wwise or equivalent middleware
- Experience with databases
- Hobbies in writing stories or screenplays
- Hobbies in music and sound design
Please include a link to your portfolio that best demonstrates your range in design
For consideration, please email your resume to Toronto.Talent@ifgpr.com with “Audio Engineer” in the subject line.