Position: Financial Analyst – Pricing and Analysis
Location: Downtown Toronto
IFG has serviced both thousands of clients and candidates for over 15 years with offices in both Canada and the United States. Currently, our downtown professional services client located in downtown Toronto is looking for a Financial Analyst who role will to focus on pricing, financial modelling, profitability analysis and business cases etc. You will work with both the accounting and finance team under the direction of the Manager of Performance Measurement. In addition to working within the finance and accounting vertical you will also partner with business in order to build your knowledge and maximize the value of your analytical output for the strategic benefit of the business.
- Lead the pricing and advance analytical support related to simple and medium complexity Request For Proposals (and play a supporting role in the complex ones), working with Client Development and Pursuits team, lawyers, and Practice Management team to formulate responses.
- Support the pricing development and approval process by providing financial analysis and pricing scenario modeling for Partners and the Billing Management Committee (BMC), assisting them to make key business decisions related to Alternative Fee Arrangements (AFAs) and price quotes.
- Support the enhancement of tools and processes in support of creative pricing strategies, including systems to capture billing arrangements, pricing performance, experience, and lessons learned to fully inform current and future engagements.
- Support the development of processes and tools to evaluate profitability of various types of engagements.
- Support various projects in relation to client profitability and pricing initiatives which may include development of pre-priced packaged legal solutions, advising firm management in assessing long-term sustainability of various legal business models, data analytics etc.
- Provide pricing-related training, coaching, and advice to Firm Management, our Partners and Associates.
Required background and experience
- An accounting designation (CA/CGA/CMA) is required
- University degree preferably in business combined with three to five years of progressive experience in a related role
- Preference to experience gained in the professional services industry but not a must.
- Strong and detailed analytical skills with the ability to make sense of volumes of data and both organize the data in a presentation format the adds both short term and long term value for the business users of the data.
- Logical judgement gained with the three to five years of business experience in a similar role.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage within both an organized and somewhat chaotic environment.
- Self-starter and a proactive approach with a mindset of continuous innovation and improvement.
- Solid knowledge of financial analytical and reporting tools such as Excel (advanced), , MS Access, and SQL Analysis Services (SSAS) cubes
If you believe you are a fit, please submit your profile today! If your qualifications are a match and you are interested in this opportunity, please email your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Accessibility and Accommodation
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. IFG is acting as an agent for it’s client. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.