IFG, a specialized recruitment firm focused on Finance, Accounting, Audit and Tax roles, provides you a competitive advantage in securing your next opportunity with career coaching, assistance in drafting a more effective resume, and a guide to help you effectively prepare for interviews. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply.
We are actively recruiting for an Accounting Manager with a path to the Controller role in within the next 24 months. The role will be responsible for managing a team to perform the general accounting and reporting of the company with a focus on inventory accounting and costing. Must have superior GAAP knowledge and understanding of an internal control framework.
Responsibilities of the Accounting Manager
- Delegate job duties to direct reports to maximize efficiency, perform staff development, identify productive workflow methods, suggest changes to accounting procedures and conduct department cross-training.
- Work with Controller and direct reports to ensure journal entries are entered in a timely manner and the close process is carried out on timely according to close schedule.
- Work with operations to conduct Fixed Asset Physical Inventory with affixed asset identification tags.
- Assist Controller to conduct training with various inventory adjustments, cost adjustments, and best practices.
- Responsible for performing management reporting and quarterly cost to actual analytics.
- Responsible for completion of Marmon Federal and SIT packages, quarterly and monthly tax requirements.
- Perform Inventory balancing and monitor and report on inventory cost changes throughout month.
- Participate in company Internal and external audits providing workpapers and addressing questions.
Requirements of the Accounting Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
- Preference for an MBA and/or CPA
- Previous management experience required
- Experience within manufacturing and/or distribution
- Advanced skills in inventory management/costing
IFG is an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to develop a customized strategy for you. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that our clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits.
We welcome the opportunity to speak with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.
Currently, IFG is taking every precaution to ensure the health and safety of our applicants. Our initial screening process will be handled “virtually” with no in-person contact.