Title: Level Artist
Location: Downtown Vancouver
Duration: 1 year contract
As a level artist, you are responsible for working with the Art Director and level art team to take a level to artistic completion. You will be expected to drive the artistry of the level, while also keeping the level performant and playable throughout. At times, you will need to work closely with the design team to negotiate or come to a consensus with design to solve art/design issues. You will be expected to drive issues to resolution and get buy-in from involved parties.
Level Artists are expected to work with the level design and level art teams to break down the level, creating environment proxy assets and breakout sheets. Your proxy assets and breakout sheets will be used to the environment art team to give them a high-level understanding of the environment set component requirements,
during this process you will need to collaborate with the environment art team to ensure the environment set assets are being built to proper spec and artistic vision of the level.
- Placing, replacing, and assembling art assets into the level.
- Working with AD and Art Leads to achieve visual direction for the level.
- Collaborating with Level Designer(s) ensuring level is playable and performant.
- Engaging with Level Designer(s) when there is a conflict between art and gameplay priorities.
- Working the Art Leads to create environment set breakout sheets.
- Communicating environment set requirements to environment art team.
- Tuning materials and lighting where appropriate.
- Building assets where appropriate.
- Optimizing content to achieve performance profiles and collaborating with technical artists.
- 2-4+ years of environment art experience on level based titles.
- Experience with level creation and how different disciplines work together (art/design).
- Excellent work ethic and problem solving skills, able to work well with minimal supervision.
- Expert in Unreal 4 or Unity or frostbite.
- Strong understanding of composition, material and lighting fundamentals.
- Strong working knowledge of Maya. • Strong working knowledge of Photoshop and Z-brush.
For consideration, please email your resume in MS Word format to Toronto.email@example.com with “Level Artist” in the subject line.