Location: Downtown Vancouver
Duration: 18 month contract
Our client is looking for a dynamic and organized Producer with a passion for game development. The Producer is responsible for managing a portion of the HPL features from several multidisciplinary teams composed of engineers and designers. Working with directly with their Lead Producer to drive features to completion. You will partner with the discipline Producers and Leads of each of these groups to ensure they deliver on time and at a high quality.
A key component of this role is to manage the critical dependencies between the groups and solve issues. As part of the Production team, you will be expected to help create and foster a collaborative, healthy, and high performing work environment. The Producer will help create and manage schedules based on backlogs. He/she will execute against this plan by working with the leadership team to prioritize deliverables, manage risks, react quickly to challenges and report weekly status.
- Proactively identify dependencies and risks associated with meeting project milestones; ensure necessary and appropriate steps are taken to resolve difficulties which may impede progress or compromise achievement of project objectives
- Identify task-related processes to improve efficiencies
- Provide regular capacity plan updates
- Administer project related processes internal and external to the team, such as running scrums to identify dependencies and roadblocks
- Handle the formal and informal organizational communication with stakeholders
- Project development with emphasis on team empowerment
- Milestone planning, execution, and evaluation
- Communicate goals to the team and motivate them to execute on time and at a high-quality level
- Excellent communication, presentation, and leadership skills
- 5+ years Project Management or Production experience on console products
- Has shipped a minimum of 2 games products (minimum 1 console)
- Production experience with a variety of project management methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall etc.)
- Experience managing cross functional teams
- A good understanding of the game development cycle with an understanding of the creative process and its impact on business needs
- Experience shipping AAA quality games
For consideration please email your resume in MS Word format to Toronto.firstname.lastname@example.org with "Producer" in the subject line.