As an Accounts Payable Associate, you will have an opportunity to perform the invoice three-way-match reconciliation process. You will be responsible for responding to vendor inquiries, and ongoing interaction with the merchandising and warehouse business partners to resolve invoice discrepancies and vendor questions.
What you’ll do
- Work with vendors, buyers, A/P, and internal customers on queries and issues regarding invoices and chargebacks. The associate will need to look at several disparate systems and be able to understand the complex previous transactions to answer the customer needs and take the initiative to solve the problem and ensure all cross-functional stakeholders are aware of the decision.
- Performs three-way match process for receipt of goods, invoice, and purchase order using SAP GR/IR functionality. The associate will need to review and examine the merchandising PO as part of the discrepancy resolution. Send action requests to buyers and to warehouse employees to verify or check previous transactions that do not match within SAP, and follow through to ensure resolution.
- Prepare deduction and repayment chargebacks’ ensuring that all necessary supporting documentation is present and that all proper accounting controls are followed.
Knowledge & Experience
- Associates degree or relevant work experience.
- 2 years experience in a large corporate high-volume A/P environment, including an in-depth understanding of vendor relationships and billing practices, payment terms, and vendor payment processing.
- 2 years of SAP experience.
- Understanding of accounting and finance relative to Accounts Payables and inventory, with knowledge of the cross-functional impacts and consequences generated from finance and receiving transactions.
- Connect cross-functionally and develop effective internal and external working relationships with members of Procurement, warehouse management, and the vendor community.
- Ability to understand, investigate and resolve problems using root-cause research skills
- Must have experience in Microsoft Office, specifically basic skills in Word and strong skills in Excel (knowledge of formulas and pivot tables).
- Ability to compose reports and correspondence using good business vocabulary and proper grammar and construction.
- Adaptability and ability to learn quickly in high-pressure environments.
- Ambitious self-starter who has demonstrated the ability to contribute as an effective team member.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.