Title: Project Coordinator
Location: Waterloo [in office @ least 1 times a week, and travel to sites]
Are you a Project Coordinator in the KW area with experience in the construction or development industry? If so, look no further!
IFG is on the reach for a Project Coordinator to join our clients’ team. This offers an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to support construction and development initiatives by effectively tracking, monitoring, implementing and reporting on job costs through our job costing system.
You will provide assistance to the Company’s Construction and Development teams by managing the job costing process for each project from start to finish. This includes implementing budgets and construction contracts, creating purchase orders, change orders and invoices and running reports on such for the review of the management team. You will also act as the liaison between the Construction and Development team and the Accounting department to ensure the smooth operation of specific project accounting. You will be required to understand the flow of information between all project team members to help ensure that all performance targets are met. Other responsibilities will include general administration and coordination responsibilities with vendors and trades to ensure receipt of items such as insurance certificates, statutory declarations and evidence of WSIB coverage prior to payment of invoices. Other administrative functions may be required to assist in the management of projects and you will participate in special projects as needed.
Day to Day Responsibilities Include:
- Assist in setting up all project administrative documents;
- Creating purchase orders and change orders, reviewing invoices and inputting them into the job costing system while reviewing and validating outside vendor expenses;
- Inputting budgets and contracts into the job costing system and assigning appropriate cost codes to line items;
- Following the process for payments of invoices and working with Accounts Payable to track payments;
- Creating new jobs for predevelopment opportunities and for new acquisitions;
- Coordinating with accounting to transfer budgets for predevelopment projects into new projects once acquisitions are firm;
- Assisting the Construction and Development Managers in tracking the status of purchase orders and invoices during the approval process and thereafter;
- Creating and requesting cap calls and construction draws as needed;
- Running reports on invoice status and conducting analyses against budget compliance;
- Creating reports as needed for project team members and capital partners;
- Monitor all project financials; tracking planned cost vs. actual; job progress vs. amount billed;
- Coordinating with vendors for receipt of certificates of insurance, confirmation of WSIB compliance and other regulatory and policy matters as needed;
- Ensuring document management and control system is established and followed for all project documents;
- Assisting the Construction and Development Managers with various project management tasks of an administrative nature;
- Other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as required by management.
- University or College degree;
- Three (3) or more years of work experience in an project coordinator related field.
- Experience in the construction or real estate development industry is a significant asset
- Proficiency with spreadsheets is required.
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to learn and master various computer systems.
- Experience in MRI and Yardi is considered an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication in English
For consideration, please email your resume to Jennifer@ifgpr.com with “Project Coordinator” in the subject line