IFG, a specialized recruitment firm focused on Finance, Accounting, Audit and Tax roles, provides you a competitive advantage in securing your next opportunity with career coaching, assistance in drafting a more effective resume, and a guide to help you effectively prepare for interviews. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply.
We are actively recruiting for a Payroll Accountant who will be responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of payroll for multi-state, organization with payrolls in the US and Canada. The Payroll Accountant will work directly with Operations, Finance, Human Resources, and IT teams. Interested candidates should possess at least 5 years of experience in payroll processing in a high-volume, corporate payroll setting.
Responsibilities of the Payroll Accountant
- Auditing employee tax withholding information, verifying compensation, processing direct deposit, and ensuring an accurate first payment.
- Reviewing employee terminations, including final pay instructions, deductions, paid time off, and finalized timecard entry.
- Analyzing garnishment requests, including proper set up relating to each agency, reconciling deductions, and timely submission of the payment file to Accounts Payable.
- Performing routine audits of the Time & Attendance system, including timecard entry and supervisory approvals.
- Processing employee Time & Attendance data and reconciling variances utilizing reporting tools in the Payroll and Time & Attendance systems.
- Interface payroll data between general ledger and payroll system.
- Processing routine trial payrolls to validate data entry that may include short term disability payments, other supplemental payments, banking information, and tax withholding changes. Analyzing and resolving discrepancies resulting from trial payroll. Researching and resolving payroll inquiries.
- Preparing a monthly reconciliation of payroll disbursements to be used for the annual audit.
- Completing quarterly payroll tax returns.
Requirements of the Payroll Accountant
- At least 5 years of experience in payroll processing in a high-volume, corporate payroll setting.
- Possess strong technical skills including intermediate MS Excel experience in addition to experience with ERP systems and third-party payroll systems.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills are necessary for this highly visible role.
IFG is an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to develop a customized strategy for you. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that our clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits.
We welcome the opportunity to speak with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.
During the pandemic, IFG is taking every precaution to ensure the health and safety of our applicants. Our initial screening process will be handled “virtually” with no in-person contact.