We are seeking an Experienced Accountant to join our headquarters in the Chicago-area. The Financial Accounting department is responsible for creating accurate financial reporting in compliance with GAAP and IRS regulations. Accountants provide valuable views of our financial results to help company leadership make informed decisions.
In this role you will become the company’s accounting expert on topics such as inventory costing, accounting for transportation expenses, and tracking insurance costs. Key functions of the role include assisting in the month-end close process, creating journal entries, performing account reconciliations, and offering suggestions to improve operations, better utilize technology, and strengthen controls.
We define curiosity as the desire to understand the broader implications of the numbers. We promote curiosity and exploration of our business because it leads to accurate work and the identification of opportunities to improve our operations and strengthen our controls.
Understanding the far-reaching effects of your contributions leads to interesting and challenging opportunities designed to advance our business and promote learning and development. For example, you may find yourself:
- Presenting complex accounting concepts with simplicity, providing context and offering recommendations to company leadership
- Developing operational efficiencies through the use of new technologies and evolving accounting practices
- Developing models to forecast the financial impact of a strategic initiative
The most qualified applicants for the Experienced Accountant role possess:
- A history of academic and professional success
- Excellent communication and creative problem-solving skills
- Eagerness to learn new things, adaptability, and a growth mindset
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Accounting or Finance (preferred)
- Certification(s) in fields related to job functions such as Certified Public Accountant or Chartered Financial Analyst (preferred)