Position Title: Video Editor
Position Type: Contract to June 30th with strong potential for extension
Location: Downtown, Vancouver
The Video Editor is part of the Media Services team, an internal creative agency producing content for promotional use and community engagement. A great candidate for this role is someone who likes to tell visual stories, likes to immerse themselves in a brand, and to create compelling videos for our fans infused with brand’s tone and elements of its lore.
This is a highly collaborative studio, so no lone wolves here – you need to like working as part of a team. The Media Services team is made up of a few multi-disciplinary artists that all work towards the same goal – make compelling art to showcase our games and our brand.
In this Video Editor role, you will work collaboratively with and under the supervision of the Sr. Video Editor. You will partner with the team’s Producer to ensure production is on track to meet deadlines, and with Senior Artists and Art Directors to ensure visual quality standards are met.
- Brainstorm ideas, develop a production plan and execute on the approved vision
- Work on projects independently under the direction of a Sr. Video Editor
- Work within existing video project templates and guidelines; and help establish new project templates as needs change
- Produce organized and detailed shot lists and file organization for the Sr. Video Editor
- Work iteratively on video projects incorporating feedback from Art Director, Sr. Video Editor and key stakeholders
- Capture gameplay video with El Gato and Atmos Shogun
- Sound editing (dialogue/sfx) for quick paced marketing shorts and editorial production
- 3-4 years of experience producing short format video for web/broadcast
- Proficiency with Final Cut, Adobe Creative Cloud tools (specifically Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop)
- Understands the foundation of motion graphics animation, ideally with some level of experience
- Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Proactive problem-solver
- Experience with Cinema4D, Maya and/or Unreal Editor a plus
If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly send your resumes in MS Word format to Toronto.firstname.lastname@example.org with "Video Editor" in the subject line