A leading Canadian manufacturing company, currently has an opening for a Accounts Payable Specialist. This is a 3 month temporary assignment where the client is looking to get someone on board immediately.
In the AP Specialist role, you will be responsible for:
- Keeping track of all payments and expenditures, including payroll, purchase orders, invoices, statements, etc.
- Reconciling processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Maintaining historical records
- Paying employees by verifying expense reports and preparing pay checks
- Paying vendors by scheduling pay checks and ensuring payment is received for outstanding credit; generally responding to all vendor enquiries regarding finance
- Preparing analyses of accounts and producing monthly reports
- Continuing to improve the payment process
Education and Experience
- 1-3 years accounts payable or general accounting experience
- Knowledge of accounts payable
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures
- knowledge of relevant accounting software (such as Sage, FreshBooks, QuickBooks)
- proficient in data entry and management