We are working with a Chicago-based Fortune 500 company that is looking to bring talent to their tax team. This is a unique role to work exclusively within the tax accounting team of a global company. Highly visible role with work directly with leadership.
Responsible for overseeing and managing elements of the Tax Accounting processes and procedures. Responsible for the timely and accurate preparation and reporting of financial information and ensuring that information adheres to GAAP and internal company policies. Responsibilities may include developing tax accounting policies, procedures and controls; utilizing tax and accounting systems to automate and improve process efficiencies; interacting with personnel in varying disciplines of the enterprise including, but not limited to, FP&A, Accounting, Treasury, Finance as well as other Tax professionals; interaction with the Company’s external audit firm.
- Responsible for accuracy of income tax elements of the Company’s financial statements and management reports. Works in partnership with business and accounting management to meet tax accounting needs of the business.
- Manage elements of the Company’s tax accounting activities, relative to both GAAP and adjusted earnings.
- Develop and implements tax accounting policies and ensures those policies are communicated across the organization. Ensures tax aspects of the Company’s financial statements are prepared in accordance with its tax accounting policies.
- Review tax accounting. Prepare management reports and present to Senior Management.
- Propose recommendations for improvements to tax accounting processes and procedures. Drive and partner with cross-functional teams to develop and implement approved changes.
- Prepare and review reports supporting external audits. Work with external audit firm.
- Partner with various teams within the organization including FP&A, Accounting Treasury, Finance.
- Review current book-tax differences, provision comparisons and tax accounting related to tax planning. Document and quantify uncertain tax positions.
- Assist with forecasting the impact to the Company’s effective tax rate for the impact of tax planning matters and business transactions.
- Manage the Company’s accounting for income tax related S-Ox internal controls. Work will involve interaction with both the Company’s internal controls team as well as its attest firm.
- Mentors, coaches, and develops employees, building morale and motivation.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years of tax and tax accounting experience
- Experience with ASC 740 but also ASC 450
- Public accounting and industry experience.
- Experience with multiple tax disciplines including US federal tax, US international tax, state and local tax, and/or transfer pricing.
- Master’s degree in Accountancy or MBA
- CPA designation
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems
- Experience with tax provision/accounting software such as Corptax, OneSource or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- Willing to travel up to 10 percent of the time for business purposes including international
If interested, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration