Salary Mid-Point: $46,000
Location: Chicago IL
Job Type: Permanent
- Make collection calls to customers and send out emails to generate quicker customer payment receipt.
- Expedite the receipt timing period of cash receipts from customers for shipped and billed orders
- Serve as a backup to billing function to invoice shipped orders using BOL’s
- Serve as a backup to cash receipts application function
- Manage and reduce/minimize DSO days for outstanding unpaid invoices
- Track open customer unpaid invoices and report on them and keep up KPI performance metrics reporting on past dues and DSO and days to collect via charts and graphs
- Manage A/R collection metrics to preset goals- reduce past dues over 60 days and eliminate past dues over 90 days to zero
- Manage credit reports
- Analyze new customer credit requests to open accounts, make recommendations after payment history research including trade reference and banking reference checks, and recommend credit limits to be set
- Process any new credit applications and follow up on pending applications.
- Update system with sales, customer, search name, accounting and AP contact name, credit limit, terms and attaching documents for file.
- Resolve customer billing problems and save AR delinquency.
- Performing day to day financial transactions.
- Performs the day-to-day, monthly and year-end operations of the Accounting Department.
- Provides sales reporting and analysis.
- Perform the processing of monthly accruals and amortization of prepaid expenses.
- Perform general accounting analysis and reconciliations.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements and financial reporting.
- Assist Controller and CFO as needed on month end financial reporting and reconciliations and account analysis with excel
- Create KPI performance metrics graphs to track several exceptions in expenses and sales
- Associate’s in accounting required
- 3+ years experience as an account receivables collections specialist, with 2 years of general ledger and financial reporting and analysis experience and 2+ years of accounting in a manufacturing environment.
- Manufacturing experience required; preferably within the food industry
If interested, please send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.