Looking for an organized, deadline oriented, self-starting Senior Accountant with a solid understanding of GAAP technical accounting literature and ability to analyze documents, transactions, and identify proper accounting treatment. The Senior Accountant will assist with day-to-day financial operations; monthly close process; prepare quarterly and annual reports; and document policies, procedures, and technical position papers.
Responsibilities of the Senior Accountant
- Lead month end closing activities to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Perform primary reviews of monthly analyses and journal entries performed by others.
- Assists with the preparation, review, and analysis of operating and financial results.
- Assists with other key closing and reporting activities, including technical accounting research, review and preparation of disclosures and other information used in SEC filings, as needed, and requested by management.
- Engage in ad hoc financial projects and process improvements.
- Research the financial impact of transactions of all types and sizes, and documents results.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency.
- Identifies problems and inconsistencies within financial or operational data.
- Understands and appreciates technology and leverages its importance in driving efficiency and scalability in a cost-efficient manner.
- Assists with financial planning and forecasting.
- Compiles financial information for various data requests throughout the year.
- Assists with other task as requested by management.
Requirements of the Senior Accountant
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- At least 4 years of public accounting and/or industry experience, prior work experience at a Big 4 public accounting firm is preferred.
- CPA is required.
- Comfortable working with ERP systems and advanced Excel skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
International Financial Group provides you a competitive advantage in securing your next career opportunity with career coaching, assistance in drafting a more effective resume, and a guide to help you effectively prepare for interviews. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply.
We are an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to deliver a customized strategy that exceeds the needs and expectations of our candidates and clients. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits, while never compromising quality.
We welcome the opportunity to meet with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.