Seeking a pragmatic, energetic, and process oriented Global Corporate Controller with strong technical accounting and international experience to lead the development, implementation, and maintenance of the necessary procedures and systems for the financial control of the corporation worldwide. This includes: providing direction to group of Regional Controllers worldwide; safeguarding corporation assets; directing the preparation and analysis of financial statements; ensuring the implementation of adequate internal control systems; directing and managing cost accounting and global accounting and financial reporting; ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP); providing interpretation and recommendations on Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) directives; and being the primary point of contact with the corporation's external auditors.
Responsibilities of the Global Corporate Controller
- Manage global accounting in multi-national operations including Billing, A/R and GL, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting, and Revenue Recognition.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of various accounting related deliverables to Parent Company.
- Prepare and publish timely monthly and quarterly financial statements.
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting including J-SOX.
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance with GAAP.
- Support month-end and year-end close process including annual audit.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Benchmark and Initiate better practices for the company’s accounting and reporting process including implementation of IFRS.
Requirements of the Global Corporate Controller
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- CPA credentials required.
- At least 10 to 15 years of diversified financial/accounting experience, including experience in an international manufacturing environment, and at least 5 of those years with a Big Four or large regional public accounting firm.
- Prior experience managing a significant level of international accounting professionals in a large global manufacturing organization is highly preferred.
International Financial Group provides you a competitive advantage in securing your next career opportunity with career coaching, assistance in drafting a more effective resume, and a guide to help you effectively prepare for interviews. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply.
We are an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to deliver a customized strategy that exceeds the needs and expectations of our candidates and clients. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits, while never compromising quality.
We welcome the opportunity to meet with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.