Title: Surface Category Manager
Location: Mississauga or GTA
Contract: ASAP - June 30th 2021 - Strong potential for extension
The Surface Consumer Category Manager will drive Surface growth in consumer space within the Consumer and Device Sales team.
While the responsibilities of the Surface Consumer Category Manager will evolve with the needs of the Discipline, core responsibilities include:
- Demand Planning and Device POR (40%)
- Manage the Surface Sell-in business between Microsoft and the retail partners in Canada.
- Supply chain for Surface devices, Surface accessories, & PCA between Category, S&OP, Demand Planning, Sales, and Channel Marketing.
- Managing the CPFR signal from Retail partners.
- Creating and managing the ST CFT forecast for demand planning.
- Manage the Area Demand Plan (ADP) and the Consensus Demand Plan (CDP)
- Supply and Inventory Management (40%)
- Manage and Create all Global and Regional letters for Canada, Volume Incentive Program, Student Incentive Program, MAP letters, etc.
- Analyze market data and provide actionable insights to help drive strategy in product management and channel marketing.
- Work closely with NA team to drive alignment across CA and US around supply
- Assess Channel and Disti inventory position to influence sell-thru activity
- Operations & Launch Readiness (20%)
- Deliver adhoc projects and initiatives to ensure we deliver on our commitments.
- Lead internal meetings: HyperCare Call, MS Stores Sync
- Liaison with NA and Global Operations teams/contacts
- Manage POR communications to local CA field team
- Category Leadership - Influence product marketing teams with category subject matter expertise to ensure go-to-market plans are aligned to partner and customer feedback and needs. Defining category plans, set clear goals/priorities for the organization to align execution resources to across investments, marketing campaigns, partner training and co-marketing materials. Achieve or exceed on revenue and scorecard targets (units sold, revenue), reflective of assortment strategy and partner capabilities.
- Influence for impact - Influence matrixed teams and identify customer and partner experience needs, gain alignment, and deliver against outcomes expected. Build partnerships and influence senior leaders within internally through deep business insights and understanding of customer and partner needs. Generate insights and voice of customer to influence long range plan.
- Collaboration - Removes barriers by working with others around a shared need or customer benefit. Able to maintain a broader perspective and identifies and evaluates opportunities to enhance the business through cross-group collaboration. Incorporates diverse perspectives to thoroughly address complex business issues.
- Analytical Problem Solving - Identifies trends in data to provide perspective and business solutions. Demonstrates an understanding of critical issues that need resolution before problems can be solved. Takes a structured and systematic approach to investigating and solving problems.
- Drive for Results - Sets clear and challenging goals for a portfolio of work and pursues them with enthusiasm and passion. Forecasts resource needs and timing throughout the course of a project and removes obstacles.
- Marketing/Business Bachelor’s Degree– MBA preferred
- 7+ years of relevant commercial experience in Sales/Marketing/ Device Category Management
- 3+ years of product marketing / management driving business and investment plans
- Ability to set a plan with clarity and drive it through to fruition
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain partner relationships
- Proven success at business building (business/channel development, entrepreneur, change management)
- Strong communication skills and the ability to influence stakeholders
- Ability to lead in a complex, matrixed environment
- Comfort with ambiguity and driving transformation
For consideration, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with " Surface Consumer Category Manager" in the subject line.