Our $2B, international client is in the market for a Staff Accountant. The ideal candidate will have had exposure to inventory and cost accounting.
The Staff Accountant has responsibility to account for the cost of products that flow through the Trading business and reporting profitability of the customers.
Inventory is the key asset of the business and the Staff Accountant seeks to establish functional excellence in inventory accounting and supporting the business efforts to earn desired returns on this investment.
- Recording of journal entries and reconciliations as is consistent with GAAP.
- Maintains the accuracy of the perpetual inventory system, the costs used, the reconciliation to the general ledger accounts and ensures proper recording of cost of sales.
- Accountable for internal controls over assigned areas.
- Assists with the audits of the financial records and controls.
- Analyzes operating results and trends to make recommendations to control costs, safeguard assets, and improve profits.
- Bachelor of Arts degree (B.A.) or Bachelor of Science degree (B.S.) in Accounting from four-year college or university.
- 1-2 years of experience in Accounting
- Thorough knowledge and experience with various types of computer software including Microsoft Office products.
- Lawson experience a plus
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org