Title: Technical Level Designer
Location: Downtown Vancouver
Duration: 18 month contract
We are searching for a Technical Level Designer to help our client's Level Design team to maintain a balance between the creative vision of the level and technical budget restraints.
In this position, you will work with the Level Design pipeline in UE4 including scripting and all technical requirements. It is important that you have good communication skills and able to collaboratively work with peers.
- Utilize rapid prototyping to test feasibility of features/ideas/workflows
- Work with Engineering, Tech Art, and other departments to meet and solve technical stability or potential problems within campaign levels.
- Become a resident expert on the Level Design pipeline in UE4 including scripting and all technical requirements
- Ability to solve issues in the pipeline or mission implementation by a workaround and/or report to leads on blockers.
- Help define or refine the production pipeline as needed, including establishing and enforcing constraints and metrics throughout the project.
- Document, maintain, and test new design tools/scripting throughout development
- Experienced in AAA console game development
- Shipped at least 1 console products in a technical or level design role
- Strong knowledge in Unreal Engine 4 and understanding of level design workflows and tools, blueprints and scripting
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Above average problem-solving skills
- Ability to clearly express and present ideas
- Ability to understand and communicate in technical language with content creators, engineers and production.
- Strong time management skills in an often ambiguous environment
For consideration please email your resume to Toronto.email@example.com with "Technical Level Designer" in the subject line.