Our downtown Chicago client is looking to bring in a Financial Reporting Accountant to join their growing Finance team, which is focused on innovation, automation and process improvements. Our client offers unlimited PTO, collaborative atmosphere, company outings, and much more!
As a Financial Reporting Accountant, you will play an integral role in all aspects of financial reporting, including global consolidated financial statements, SEC filings, earnings releases, management reports and board reports. This position reports to the Senior Manager of Financial Reporting.
• Prepare and/or review monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, including those reported in the 10-Qs and 10-K for filing with the SEC and quarterly earnings releases.
• Research and resolve day-to-day financial reporting issues and assist with the resolution of new or unusual transactions to ensure proper application of US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements.
• Assist in the creation of financial reporting-related policies and procedures.
• Responsible for various monthly close activities, including accounting for leases and preparing various journal entries and account reconciliations.
• Provide insightful financial analysis including explanations of variances between actual and prior period results and presents findings.
• Ensure continued compliance with internal audit and SOX requirements and assist with the identification of process/control/automation enhancements.
• Coordinate with auditors to assist in quarterly and year-end audit procedures, including audit requests.
• Manage process to review XBRL tagging with external vendor for 10-Qs and 10-K.
• Prepare ad hoc analyses for management and auditors, as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required.
• A CPA is required (or in progress).
• Minimum of one to three years of experience in public accounting, with experience working on publicly traded clients or related SEC reporting experience at a large, multi-national, publicly held corporation.
• Big 4 public accounting experience is preferred.
• Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP, including SEC reporting requirements.
• Excellent documentation skills to be used in developing audit work papers and completing SOX reviews.
• Knowledge of HFM software a plus.