Title: Technical Artist – Maya/MotionBuilder
Contract: 18 Months
IFG is on the search for a Technical Artist with a proven track record in developing and maintaining Maya and Motionbuilder tools for artists and animators to support a client; a global IT giant in their gaming division.
In this position, you will work to develop and support tools that empower artists and animators to achieve our projects art and animation quality goals. It is important that you have good communication skills and able to collaboratively work with peers.
- Design and implement fast, elegant, data driven Maya and MotionBuilder content creation tools
- Support the art and animation teams with any Maya & Mobu technical issues they may have
- Create and maintain concise documentation, and provide training related to Maya & MotionBuilder tools
- Proactively identify new techniques and technologies that will improve our content creation workflows and pipelines
- Be a positive and creative force in the team, working in a manner that supports and encourages a diverse and inclusive culture
- Must have 5+ years of experience with Maya & MotionBuilder Python scripting and API development of artist and animator friendly tools
- Proven track record of continuously improving content pipelines
- Understanding of data driven art content pipelines
- Self-motivated, creative problem solver, great communicator
- Unreal Engine 4 experience is a huge plus
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Passion for the industry and an understanding of industry trends and technologies
For consideration, please email your resume to Eileen@ifgpr.com with “Technical Artist” in the subject line.