Title: Technical Animator
Contract: 18 Months
IFG is on the search for a Technical Animator with experience developing and maintaining gameplay animation systems to support a client; a global IT giant in their gaming division.
In this position, you will work with the animation systems in UE4 to develop and support workflows that empower animators to achieve the company’s animation quality goals, while also achieving the gameplay responsiveness and behavioral goals. It is important that you have good communication skills and able to collaboratively work with peers.
- Collaborate with peers in the design and implementation of animation state machines, behaviors, and runtime solutions, in a manner that is consistent with studio best practices
- Collaborate with engineers and Leads in the creation of animation behavior tools and techniques that allow the building of complex movement systems in a manner that is easily accessible to content creators
- Problem solve in-game animation implementation issues
- Support the animation team with any technical animation issues they may have
- Look for opportunities to improve our animation pipeline and provide solutions for technical animation efficiencies and issues
- Be a positive and creative force in the team, working in a manner that supports and encourages a diverse and inclusive culture
- Must have 5+ years of experience in AAA video game development, with a focus on creating and defining high-quality real-time animation systems
- Real-time engine experience, ideally in UE4 creating animation blueprints
- Experience with Python is a benefit
- Self-motivated, creative problem solver, great communicator
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Passion for the industry and an understanding of industry trends and technologies
For consideration, please email your resume to Eileen@ifgpr.com with “Technical Animator” in the subject line.