Seeking a self-motivated and detail oriented Senior Financial Reporting Accountant with exceptional time management skills to play a key role in preparing and reviewing the company’s monthly financial reporting package and SEC filings such as Form 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K. The Senior Financial Reporting Accountant will perform technical accounting research for new accounting guidance and complex issues and ensure that accounting for debt and equity transactions are recorded timely and accurately.
Responsibilities of the Senior Financial Reporting Accountant
- Reconcile/review designated general ledger accounts monthly and provide periodic reporting of accounts. Prepare and post accurate journal entries as needed.
- Ensure all inter-company accounts for assigned entities are balanced on a periodic basis.
- Assist in preparing and reviewing monthly and quarterly consolidated financial reporting package and SEC filings.
- Research, analyze, and document technical accounting and disclosure items.
- Maintain and update company accounting policies ensuring new accounting pronouncements are properly incorporated.
- Assist operational management in the analysis and understanding of all financial information as required.
- Prepare all assigned audit request schedules, for review by manager, for the quarterly and year end external audits on a timely basis.
- Participate in all SOX compliance activities – including, but not limited to, documentation, testing, and reporting.
- Provide analysis projects for management on various topics.
Requirements of the Senior Financial Reporting Accountant
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- At least 5+ years progressive financial accounting and reporting experience; with combination of public accounting and corporate accounting experience preferred.
- CPA certification is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, and presentation skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients.
- High degree of proficiency with financial software and application. Advanced Excel skills required.
International Financial Group provides you a competitive advantage in securing your next career opportunity with career coaching, assistance in drafting a more effective resume, and a guide to help you effectively prepare for interviews. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply.
We are an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to deliver a customized strategy that exceeds the needs and expectations of our candidates and clients. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits, while never compromising quality.
We welcome the opportunity to meet with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.